Effective from March 24th through April 13th 2020, Liberty Coin Service will be available for business by appointment only:
Monday through Friday: 9:30 am to 3:00 pm
Saturdays: 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
Please call (517) 351-4720 or (800) 933-4720 to schedule an appointment.
Please Note: If you are looking to make a purchase of Coins or Bullion, we can take your order over the phone and ship your merchandise. In order to keep customer traffic to a minimum, please call to place orders if at all possible. For the next three weeks we will offer free postage on all orders over $2,000.00. For orders under $2,000, we can ship to you at reasonable rates. Please refer to the ‘about us’ page on our website under shipping policy for details. Thank you for your patience and cooperation at this difficult time.
Action Plan For Duration of Coronavirus Stay Home, Stay Safe Order
Executive order 2020-21 becomes effective at 12:01 AM March 24, 2020. Liberty Coin Service, a money service business registered with the federal government will remain open for business under the financial services exemption from closure. Here are the essential services for which the company needs to remain open:
- Customers who need to sell assets to raise cash flow to make payments for necessities such as food, medical supplies and services, transportation, and housing.
- Customers waiting to pick up merchandise for which they have already paid.
- Customers who need appraisals or to conduct transactions to meet legal time requirements.
- Customers who need exchange of currencies.
This action plan is subject to change as circumstances evolve.
FRIENDLY EXPERTS ON YOUR SIDE FOR OVER 40 YEARS !
We hope you have fun during your visit, perhaps learn something new, and visit us again soon—in our store, by telephone, or on the internet. Since 1971, Liberty Coin Service has grown to become Michigan’s largest rare coin and precious metals dealer through an unmatched combination of knowledge, integrity and dedication to customer service. Whether you are buying, selling, or just interested in learning more about coins and precious metals, Liberty Coins is your one stop resource!
Here Are a few facts about the services Liberty Coin Service provides:
- We are Lansing, Michigan’s largest gold and silver buyer. Liberty Coins is a top cash buyer of scrap jewelry, dental gold, estate jewelry, diamonds and diamond rings. We also purchase silver rings, jewelry, and flatware. Liberty Coin Service is the first “Precious Metal and Gem buyer” licensed by the Lansing Police Department.
- Liberty Coin Service is one of Lansing’s largest foreign currency exchange dealers. Many area banks and credit unions refer their customers to Liberty Coins for their foreign exchange needs. We are a buyer and seller of major foreign currencies such as the Euro, United Kingdom Pound, Canada Dollar, Japan Yen, China Yuan, Mexico Peso, Switzerland Franc and Australia Dollar. We also buy and sell other currencies – please inquire about details. Please Note: We only sell foreign exchange currency at our store location and we only accept cash as a form of payment for foreign currency.
- Liberty Coin Service is a buyer and seller of gold, silver, platinum and palladium bullion and quality rare coins in Lansing, Michigan. We also buy and sell precious metals and rare coins in 49 states (Not in Minnesota).
- Liberty Coin Service is a strong supporter of numismatics. We are members of ICTA (The Industry Council for Tangible Assets) and serve on the board of directors. Many of our staff have ANA (American Numismatic Association) life memberships. Liberty Coins has four PNG (Professional Numismatic Guild) members – one of only a few companies in the World with such a distinction. Our PNG members are Pat Heller, Allan Beegle, Tom Coulson, and Paul Manderscheid. Other Professional memberships include Lansing Coin Club, MSNS, CSNS, FUN, PCDA, SPMC, PMCM, TAMS, MICH-TAMS, NLG, TNA, Liberty Seated Collector’s Club, and RMCA.
- Liberty Coin Service deals in rare paper money. We are a buyer of National Bank Notes (especially Michigan Nationals), Large and Small size U.S. Type Notes, $500.00 and $1,000.00 Notes, Fractional Currency, Colonials, Confederate States, U.S. Obsolete, and World Banknotes. Two of our staff have contributed to reference catalogs.
- Liberty Coin Service is a buyer of many different kinds of collectibles. We buy selected toys, postcards, military items, historic documents, automotive memorabilia, Michigan State University items, and pre-1940 Michigan state issued Official Highway Maps. Refer to our ‘Cash in Your Treasures’ brochure for additional details.
Our Mission Statement
- To provide you with a wide variety of quality numismatic, bullion, and other collectible products at a fair price.
- To offer you our expert advice on buying and selling your rare coins and evaluating trends in the rare coin and precious metals marketplace.
- To help you have fun with the hobby of coin collecting whether young or young at heart.
- To pay you the highest prices on your precious metal, jewelry, rare coins, currency and bullion.
- To restore the hobby of coin collecting to its former popularity by educating people about the hobby’s entertaining and educational virtues.
- To exceed your expectations and make you our long term customer.
- To earn the ultimate compliment from you: referrals to your family and friends!