Liberty Coin Service was founded in 1971 in East Lansing, Michigan. The business moved to the Frandor Shopping Center in Lansing, Michigan in 1975 and has remained there since. We have grown to a staff of 14 with more than 250 years of collector experience in virtually every area of numismatics and many other areas of expertise.
Click here to meet our staff.
Our postage charge is based on the dollar amount of the order. Packages will be insured for their full value. Any package $250.00 or more in value will require a signature upon delivery.
Shop with confidence! At Liberty Coin Service, our goal is complete customer satisfaction for every purchase. If you are not satisfied with your numismatic purchase for any reason, please note our return policies and procedures below:
- You may return any numismatic or collectible item up to 14 days after receipt.
- Contact Liberty Coin Service toll free at 800-933-4720 to notify us of your return.
- Repackage the item, insure it, and return it to: LCS; 400 Frandor Avenue; Lansing, MI 48912.
- We will issue you a full refund, including your return postage, upon receipt of the item in its original packaging.
- Bullion items, which are marked with an asterisk on our Daily Quotes Page, cannot be returned.
Selling Coins to Liberty Coin Service by Mail
You can also sell your coins to Liberty Coin Service and mail them if you do not live in the Lansing, Michigan area. Selling coins to Liberty Coin Service through the mail is easy; just follow these steps:
• Call Liberty Coin Service toll free at 800-527-2375 or in the State of Michigan at 800-933-4720
• Give us a description of the coins you wish to sell. For most bullion items we can give you an exact offer at the time of your call. For Numismatic items, we probably cannot quote a precise offer. For these coins, we can usually give you a price range of our offer.
• If we agree on an offer, we can lock you in at that price.
• Send your coins to Liberty Coin Service; 400 Frandor Avenue; Lansing, MI, 48912. We recommend sending coins via U.S. Postal Service Registered Mail with postal insurance. For additional details, refer to our guide on how to mail a package using U.S. Postal Service Registered Mail.
• Once we receive your package, we will record its receipt on our receiving log. Then, we will open your package and verify its contents. If the contents match our confirmed records, we will issue you our check. Our standard is to send you our check on the same day we receive your package, if possible. Numismatic items may require more time to process. For numismatic items, we will contact you with an exact offer once we have inspected your coins.
Attention Minnesota Residents:
The Minnesota Bullion Coin Dealers Law (Chapter 80G) became effective July 1, 2014. The statute affects coin dealers residing in Minnesota, and any coin dealers outside of Minnesota, who buy and/or sell to Minnesota consumer residents, regardless of where the transactions take place. Unfortunately, the costs to comply with this onerous law make it prohibitive for us to do business with Minnesota residents unless they are also dealers registered under the Minnesota Bullion Coin Dealers Law. Therefore we will no longer buy and/ or sell items that contain gold, silver, platinum, or palladium to Minnesota non-dealer residents. Thank you in advance for understanding this decision we must regrettably make.